Welcome to the 5th Summer School on AI
IIIT-H is happy to announce the commencement of the 5th episode of its Summer School Series, an exciting opportunity for those interested in diving into the fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence. In response to the Covid-19 threat, we had postponed our 5th Summer School scheduled to be held in 2020. However, taking into consideration the continuous requests from previous participants, we have decided to conduct the Summer School Series through an online platform for 2021.
Artificial Intelligence is poised to become one of the most revolutionary technologies of our time. Every day, we interact with intelligent systems and services in various forms, including apps on our phones, websites, and other devices. Technology never ceases to mimic the human brain and thus AI has gained a lot of interest for decades. AI is the umbrella of several breakthrough fields, machine learning is a subset of AI, wherein computer vision is also the subset of machine learning .The 5th Summer School on Artificial Intelligence will be primarily focused on the concepts of Computer Vision and Machine Learning
Computer Vision seeks to automate tasks that human vision can achieve. This involves methods of acquiring, processing, analyzing, and understanding digital images, and extraction of data from the real world to produce information. It also has sub-domains such as object recognition, video tracking, and motion estimation, thus having applications in medicine, navigation, and object modeling.
Machine Learning, a subset of artificial intelligence, is the study of algorithms and statistical models. Systems use it to perform a task without explicit instructions and instead rely on patterns and inference. Thus, it applies to computer vision, software engineering, and pattern recognition.
- The curriculum consists of a series of lectures and lab sessions conducted by leading faculty from various disciplines, bringing their diverse experiences to the topic of AI.
- It also includes interactive talks with leading academicians in the field of AI and several experienced industry practitioners from top organizations across the world.
- The program is also designed to create connectivity and networking among participants through peer collaboration, simulation, and engagement.
- Special focus on recent advancements in fields of AI, Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- The intended audience for the Summer School are those currently enrolled in Masters or PhD programs in the fields of AI, computer vision, and other related areas.
- The program is also open to undergrads who are very enthusiastic about the field and industry participants inclined towards research.
- A basic understanding of the concepts of AI and a mathematical background is expected.